Head of Cardiovascular Research Group,
Dept. of Medical Biology,
Faculty of Health Sciences,
University of Tromso, Norway
Tel.: office 004777644781 (or mobile 004795106332)
- Experimental heart research using rodent models with focus on myocardial ischemia, hypertrophy and failure
- The role of Xanthine Oxidase and NADPH Oxidase derived reactive oxygen species (ROS) in heart pathophysiology
- The interaction between gaseous transmitters and ROS in the heart
Selected Recent Publications
- Johansen D, Ytrehus K, Baxter GF. Hydrogen sulfide protects against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury. Basic Res Cardiol 2006, 1: 53-60 (Epub 2005 Nov 21).
- Sovershaev MA, Egorina EM, Andreasen TV, Jonassen AK, Ytrehus K. Preconditioning by 17beta-estradiol in isolated rat heart depends of PI3K/PKB pathway, PKC and ROS. Am J Physiol 2006, 291(6): H1554-1562.
- Lund T, Hermansen SE, Andreasen TV, Olsen JO, Østerud B, Myrmel T, Ytrehus K. Shear stress regulates inflammatory and thrombogenic gene transcripts in cultured human endothelial progenitor cells. J Hemostasis Trombosis 2010, 104(3):582-91. Epub 2010 Jul 20
- Johansen D, Sanden E, Hagve M, Chu X, Sundset R, Ytrehus K Heptanol triggers cardioprotection via mitochondrial mechanisms and mitochondrial potassium channel opening in rat hearts. Acta Physiol 2011, 201(4):435-44. Epub 2010
- Johansen D, Cruciani V, Sundset R, Ytrehus K, Mikalsen S-O. Ischemia induces closure of gap junction channels and opening of hemichannels in heart-derived cells and tissue. Cell Physiol Biochem 2011, 28:103-114.