The Immunopharmacology Research Group,
University of Tampere School of Medicine
and Tampere University Hospital,
T: +358 50 3056678
F: +358 3 36400558
- Anti-inflammatory drugs; pharmacology and novel mechanisms of action
- Inflammation, especially the roles of MAP-kinase/phosphatase pathways, TRP
- channels and of iNOS/nitric oxide pathway, cytokines and eicosanoids in inflammatory lung diseases, in rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and in allergic diseases
- Nitric oxide in diagnostics and as a target of drug development
- Adipokines in inflammatory diseases - Applications for prevention and drug treatment
Selected Recent Publications
- T. Leppänen, R. Korhonen, M. Laavola, R. Nieminen, R.K. Tuominen, E. Moilanen: Downregulation of protein kinase Cδ inhibits inducible nitric oxide synthase expression through IRF1. PlosOne 8:e52741, 2013.
- E.-L. Paukkeri, T. Leppänen, M. Lindholm, M.F. Yam, M.Z. Asmawi, A. Kolmonen, P.H. Aulaskari, E. Moilanen: Anti-inflammatory properties of a dual PPARgamma/alpha agonist muraglitazar in in vitro and in vivo models. Arthritis Res Ther 15(2):R51, 2013.
- R. Korhonen, T. Hömmö, T. Keränen, M. Laavola, M. Hämäläinen, K. Vuolteenaho, L. Lehtimäki, H. Kankaanranta, E. Moilanen: Attenuation of TNF production and experimentally induced inflammation by PDE4 inhibitor rolipram is mediated by MAPK phosphatase-1. Br J Pharmacol 169:1525-1536, 2013.
- L.J. Moilanen, M. Laavola, M. Kukkonen, R. Korhonen, T. Leppänen, E.D. Högestätt, P.M. Zygmunt, R.M. Nieminen, E. Moilanen: TRPA1 contributes to the acute inflammatory response and mediates carrageenan-induced paw edema in the mouse. Sci Rep 2:380, 2012.
- P. Ilmarinen-Salo, E. Moilanen, V.L. Kinnula, H. Kankaanranta. Nitric oxide-induced eosinophil apoptosis is dependent on mitochondrial permeability transition (mPT), JNK and oxidative stress: apoptosis is preceded but not mediated by early mPT-dependent JNK activation. Resp Res 13:73, 2012.